Dryer Vent Pumpkins

What do pumpkins and dryer vent duct have in common? The perfect mix for a lovely fall craft!  Not only does this project make me happy because it is repurposing something but it was also very easy, cheap and fast.  I saw a blog post of this fall craft that inspired me to try it.

We had some of this hose in our garage already because we had a laundry mishap this past year.  At the time I felt pretty sorry for myself but now I am glad it happened as it allowed me to create something!

I had to cut the hose to the size I wanted the pumpkins to be. This was no easy task – I had to get the wire cutters out. After that I added some hot glue and they were already taking shape.

I did have to purchase some orange Rustoleum spray paint. Of course, I bought the cheapest one and it worked out just fine meaning this project only cost me $7.00!  I sprayed them throughout the day in the garage. I discovered a love for spray painting; it is so easy.

I took this picture because I thought it was funny. I opened the garage to let it air out in the morning and the sun was shining right where I had them!

Moving on. Once they were dry, I hot glued a stick, some hay from my backyard (yard work is not one of my strengths) and some interesting pieces of potpourri.

I am really happy with how they turned out!  They look really cute with Mr. Owl.

About these ads

3 thoughts on “Dryer Vent Pumpkins

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s